Wordless Wednesday: Santa Cats
No words can describe how cute our kitties look when decked out like Santa. These kitties try out their very own Santa hats, getting into the true spirit of Christmas.
Are you getting your cats into the holiday spirit? What types of activities, attire, delicious foods, or fun toys are you buying for them? Are you dressing them up? My kitties, as you can tell, didn’t really like the hats, but they tolerated them, with help, long enough to get some photos. Please weigh in to the discussion and share your fun holiday stories.
It’s official – the holiday shopping season is in full gear, and we ask what’s on your cats’ holiday gift wish list. Here we share 10 items that are a must for my cats.
Catnip – oh, it just feels so good and makes us kitties a tad giddy
- Play mice – bit and small, and even a few of the real thing, to chase, toss, pounce and stalk!
- Toys, toys, and more toys. It’s easy for us stealthy felines to get bored. Variety is the spice of life.
- A microchip so we ever get lost or fall prey to a natural disaster or some other unpleasant happening, we can easily find our human, and be united with our feline siblings.
- Delectable treats – lots of treats – preferably in chicken, because that’s our favorite. Yum!
- New pillows, comforters, and blanked, and even new kitty beds so we’ll have lots of soft cushy places to snuggle up.
- A gift certificate for the latest cat video so we won’t get bored when we are home alone, and the other kitties, are too worn out to play.
- Kitty music. We love to hear music, and especially the ones that are centered around cats. Cats rock!
- An extension of the cat superhighway. We all know us kitties love high places, the more the better.
- More lap time – we just love to sit in our human’s lap, even if we share with another one of our cat family.
Has your cat told you what they want for special gifts this holiday season? Do you buy gifts for your cats for the holidays? Do you wrap them and put them under the tree? Please weigh in on the discussion and share your thoughts.
Today is Black Friday. But rather than wrestling with holiday shoppers in search of the best deal, we are snuggling up with the black cats and the others in front of the wood stove.
Today, let’s celebrate black cats! They are just the best.
What are you doing on Black Friday? Did you rush out at midnight to get the best deals, or did you chose to snuggle up with your black cats, or other members of your feline family? Please weigh in and join the discussion.
My cats are thankful, at least I think they are, on Thanksgiving and every day. Here’s 10 reasons they share as to why.
- We get lots of love – all five of us.
- We get lots of treats – yum – mom even makes sure they are good for our teeth
- We have tunnels and boxes to run and hide in. When we get bored, mum switches them out for something different. Variety rocks!
- We even have kitchen cupboards that we can pen to hide and stay out of harm’s way if we feel the need.
- We have an endless supply of new toys – recently mum even bought us a huge catnip mouse.
- We get annual veterinary exams, sometimes more, whether we think we need it or not.
- We have soft pillows, sofas, and cozy comforters on which to snuggle.
- We have four siblings to play with, and if one is worn out, or not in the mood, there’s another one waiting in the wings.
- We each have our own room we can call our own with five downstairs. Our elder feline Clyde prefers taking over the upstairs by himself, and he gets to share mum’s bed every night – darn him….
- We are totally spoiled, and need we say, we have our human totally wrapped around our paws and tails.
** And as a bonus, we even find some mice that have ventured in from the outside – oh, what fun!
Are your cats thankful? What do you think they are the most thankful for? Please weigh in and join the discussion.
Felines are finicky, but sometimes, they just surprise us with their choices. They love to sleep in boxes, play with paper towel holders, and yes, unroll the toilet paper. Here, my cat Lenny, abandons a nice cushy cat bed for a box, and seems happier than a cat in heaven.
Do your cats like to sleep in boxes? Do your cats like to play with anything that moves? Do you become disappointed when you spend a good chunk of change on something and your cat ignores it, only to play with the latest piece of cardboard or your latest black sweater you bought? Please weigh in on the discussion and share your thoughts.