Cat gets a new pink collar

My black cat has had her signature item, a pink collar, since she was a kitten. When the Paws family adopted her over 16 years ago, I picked out a pink collar for her. It has become almost an icon for her, making her stand out from the crowd.

Cat gets a new collar

Pink collar gets a new pink collar.

Cat gets a new pink collar

Her old pink collar had seen its better days, being tattered and frayed.

It seems the hot pink makes her shiny black fur glisten. And what was to participate in The Cat on My Head’s Sunday Selfie Blog Hop than showcase and share how great she looks in her new garb.

Sunday Selfie Blog Hop

This Sunday Selfies Blog Hop is hosted by The Cat on My Head

As you can see in these pictures, her old collar was all frayed and had lost its sheen. Pink Collar likes to scratch her neck with her hind claws, and well that did a number on her collar, which she’d had for quite a few years.

Unlike people, cats, well don’t go shopping for new clothes. Some people dress up their cats for special occasions. The Paws family has tried that with limited success. If we keep the hats on for a few moments as we grab a quick, and usually not so great photo, we’re lucky.

Cat gets a new pink collar

The new pink collar is bright and vivid, and will make our cat stand out from those every days cats.

Cat gets new pink collar

Tabby cat Lenny wants to play with the new pink collar while Pink Collar tolerates his annoying play.

Cats gets new pink collar

Why does this little brother show up and want to play with my new collar? So typical.

Cats gets a new pink collar

I don’t care of this is for Pink Collar, I want to play with this new toy, bell and all.

Cat gets a new pink collar

A collar, that’s different. It’s something she tolerates very well. It makes her black coat and little white star on her chest stand out, and it serves as an identifying marker. If she somehow went wandering, it would be easier to identify a cat with a hot pink collar. Not every cat is so lucky as to have such an identifying piece of should we say clothing. Perhaps, we should think of it as more of a necklace.

Cat gets a new pink collar

Curiosity gets to this cat as he check out Sis’ new pink collar.

Cat gets new pink collar

I gotta check out this new toy, even if it isn’t mine.

Cat gets a new pink collar

I’m kind of shy, but check out this close up of my new pink collar.

Cat gets a new pink collar

A close up of Pink Collar’s new pink collar. By the way, we bought this from a local pet store.

As the old collar was on its way out, we went shopping to find a new one. Of course, it had to be hot pink, and it had to have the safety feature of being a break-a-way, cause you never know when kitty might get caught up in who knows what, and the result could be devastating – even deadly.

As she did not like the bell, we quickly removed that. Every time she took a step, she looked at her human, as if to say, ‘What’s that noise? What am I doing to create that sound?’ We all know cats hear better than humans. For more on that visit our blog post, ‘Cats hear better than humans, but do they like our music’.

Do your cats have a collar, bandana, or something else that makes that sparkle and stand out from all the other felines. Please share, and join this fun discussion as part of The Cat on My Head’s Sunday Selfie Blog Hop.

Category: Cat Humor

About the Author

24 Responses to Cat gets a new pink collar

1. Brendalyn says:

Lovable! you look gorgeous pussy! I love your pink collar.

2. LP says:

Our friend’s black dog always wears a pink collar.You have something in common with a dog!! Heehee 🙂

the critters in the cottage xo

3. It definetely brings out the best in you Double Pawkiss for a Happy Week ahead☺❤

4. It looks stunning on you!

Wow, that old collar sure lasted a long time! So yeah, it was totally tie for a new one.

She looks very pretty in her new pink collar. The only time I have worn a collar is when my mum put a cat camera on it.

That is a nice new collar, very smart to have a break-away one.

8. Aww, Pink Collar looks mighty fine in her new collar, definitely a winner for a black cat looking to hit the town with the right gear on. Me? well my ears say it all. Have a wonderful, and pink collar week. Purrs, ERin

9. Athena says:

Pink Collar looks amazing in her collar!

10. Annie says:

Pink Collar, is a lovely lady. I bet she likes her new collar. It really does show off her fur beautifully.

11. Brotheres am always curious about what their sisfurs are doing… Hot Pink am just the right color fur Pink Collar! Black furs looks good with pink.

As a tuxie, Mom gotted me a red collar with a bow tie when I was a kitten. I looked furry spiffy and ready to go uptown in my tuxedo suit and red bow tie. -Katie Kitty Too.

12. Great photos of all of you beautiful kitties! We hope Pink Collar likes her spiffy new collar … she’s definitely one of a kind 🙂

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Catpersonable BJ Bangs

At Paws for Reflection, we're serious about cats, writing about cat health, cat rescue and cat news. We delve into why cats are the absolute best soul mates. We spring in a little humor with lots of travel tips, photos and a few feline tales, making Paws for Reflection a must stop for cat information on the cat crazed Internet. BJ is an award-winning blogger/journalist, communications professional and photographer.

http://www.bjbangs.net/feed/ http://www.facebook.com/cats_pawsforreflection http://twitter.com/bjbangs

Follow Paws on Social Media