BJ Bangs is an award-winning cat blogger/journalist/photographer/communications professional who has developed a real love for cats, and wants to share that love by writing about issues that affect them.
BJ Bangs: Paws for Reflection
At BJ Bangs: Paws for Reflection, we’re serious about cats, writing about cat health, cat rescue and cat news. We delve into why cats are the absolute best soul mates. We spring in a little humor with lots of travel tips, photos and a few feline tales, making Paws for Reflection a must stop for cat information on the cat crazed Internet.
About the Author
BJ Bangs is an award-winning journalist/photographer/communications professional/photographer/blogger, who has developed a real love for cats, and wants to share that love by writing about issues that affect them.
Cats are unique in that each have their own personality. No two are alike. They show undeniably unconditional love. They are there for you when you are down, upset, happy or jubilant. There’s nothing better than snuggling up in front of the wood stove with five of the best feline friends. They truly are my BFFs.
A different twist to cat blogging
bjbangs.net – Paws for Reflection, focuses on anything and everything that impacts cats around the world. That includes travel, books, rescue, state and local legislation impacting pets, horrific abuse stories, social media, humor, pet heroes, and problems caused by overpopulation. While there are lots of cat blogging sites on the internet, I believe Paws brings a bit of a different twist to the mix because we incorporate our personal experiences with hard and proven facts.
What I find is that the more I write, the more I find to write about. Presently, my goal is to blog twice a week, in addition to keeping up our Social Media accounts at:
Twitter: www.twitter.com/bjbangs @bjbangs
Google Plus: www.google.com/bjbangs
That’s in addition to maintaining a full-time newspaper job, contract web work, playing the guitar when time permits, maintaining a house, and yes, spending time with my five best feline friends.
I’ve been pretty amazed at the depth of the blogging world. I’ve met lots of wonderful people through Blogpaws.com, the Cat Writer’s Association, and online cat networks including social media. And I am looking forward to connecting with many, many more in the cat world in the future. And of course, I am absolutely thrilled at the exciting opportunity to have become a contributor for Cathouse Confessions at Catster.com.
- DryMate’s new Litter Trapping Mat is the Best
- Zen Clipper tips tip of cat’s claw, not the quick
- #Hills Pet: A new Metabolic Cat Food Can get your cat right-sized
- #Hills Crafted is made like a work of art
Education & Certifications
BJ holds an APR from the Public Relations Society of America, has a masters in business administration and a bachelor’s degree in journalism/ political science. She also designs newsletters, brochures, websites, and more. To say the least, she keeps ‘more than busy’ and her feline friends are her solace as well as her motivation to keep on blogging and writing about cats.
- Former Vice President and Council member of the Cat Writers Association
- Member of the Maine Public Relations Council
- 2016 Thoroughly Reviewed Top 50 Cat Bloggers
Winner of the following Cat Writers Association’s Awards:
- 2015 Certificate of Excellence; Magazine Article: Other
- 2013 Certificate of Excellence: Color Photo
- 2012: MUSE Medallion (Newspaper article: other)
In addition to writing this blog, Paws For Reflection, I write news stories about pets and their people for newspapers,magazines, and other publications. She also aspires to write a book, about, you guessed it – cats.
Check out some of my cat works.
- Cat Fancy Magazine
- Cat Talk
- Maine Today & Sunday Telegram
- The Original Irregular (Series won Cat Writer’s Association’s Coveted MUSE Medallion)
- Spay/Neuter Best Way To Combat Pet Overpopulation, May 25, 2011
- Franklin County Animal Shelter helps over 1,000 animals a year, June 1, 2011
- An ACO’s Job Can Be Thankless, June 8, 2011