My beloved Smokey Blue. May she RIP.

Did you ever have a Russian Blue? Have you lost any of your beloved felines? It’s not easy to lose one of our BFF’s. Please share your thoughts.

Smokey Blue A Russian Blue

Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop

Category: Cats

Related Posts

About the Author

9 Responses to Wordless Wednesday: My Russian Blue look alike

1. I still get tears in my eyes when I think about my first cat, Abby. She was a 3-year-old gray Persian who looked like a pure-bred. The fact that I got her from my local no-kill shelter was truly amazing, but had I been just 10 minutes later, I would have missed her to someone else. I had her for 9 years until she developed failure of both kidneys. I never knew cats could be so sweet, lovable and loving, but Abby certainly was. I almost died myself when I lost her: we were so close.

We share many joyous moments with our kitties when they are with us, and we enjoy the many memories of them once they pass on. We grieve their loss, as we grieve the humans we loose. It’s amazing how attached we do become to them. Your Abby sounds like she was a beauty. May she RIP.

2. Ann Paws says:

She’s a pretty cat! I love gray cats and Russian blues for some reason. I’ve owned two and they were a few of my favorite cats.

3. Avalon says:

She looks so precious. Sorry for your loss 🙁

4. Dana says:

So sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet. Thinking of you!

5. RIP, Smokey! She was beautiful!

6. My heart aches for you as you deal with the loss of your beloved Smokey Blue. I have not lost any of my feline friends, but the mere possibility brings tears to my eyes as I type this comment.

7. Ruth says:

Your kitty is precious- I lost a Tabby a few years ago, due to a tumor around his heart. He was good up until about a month before he died, he passed right in front of me, I held him, told him that I loved him.

Smokey Blue has been gone for some time. I also was with her when she passed. She showed her love through her eyes and actions till the bitter end. Sorry to hear about your Tabby. They always remain a part of us.

Catpersonable BJ Bangs

At Paws for Reflection, we're serious about cats, writing about cat health, cat rescue and cat news. We delve into why cats are the absolute best soul mates. We spring in a little humor with lots of travel tips, photos and a few feline tales, making Paws for Reflection a must stop for cat information on the cat crazed Internet. BJ is an award-winning blogger/journalist, communications professional and photographer.

2017 Winn Feline Foundation Media Appreciation Award