The Winter Solstice: a new season with many new doors opening without Mom

1. Diane Reaves says:

BJ – when I saw the topic of this post, I delayed reading it til now. The loss of Graham has been rough and I just started going to a grief group yesterday. But I want to tell you that my wonderful husband, who did not care for cats, got me a cat a couple of months before his death. He knew how much I love them and there was a beautiful and affectionate Russian Blue looking for a good home. She was my gift from Graham and has been my loving companion. And before he died, Graham said, she is the nicest cat you’ve ever had. BJ, I am thinking of you. Love, Diane

Diane:

I am so sorry. I know he was the love of your life. I had no idea that you were going through this. I’d love to hear more about your new kitty, and how he is providing you comfort during this difficult time. Would you be interested in sharing by writing a guest blog post? Please send me your contact info through my contact form.

2. I am sorry for your loss. I have no doubt you will continue to make your mom proud, and I hope have continued success in the new year! Hugs to you and your sister.

3. Diana says:

My condolences. My mom died early Dec 2, in Idaho where she was living with my brother. She was 91, and although she had some serious dementia, it was not alzheimers. I think it was quicker and easier than your mom. Even though I said goodbye to her in 2011 when she moved to Idaho, it is still a hole knowing she is permanently gone.

Hugs. May 2014 be good to you.

4. Cat Holm says:

Love to you, BJ, as you make this transition. I am sorry.

5. Alysia says:

I am truly saddened to hear about the loss of your mom ; ( . As a care giver to her in the residential facility I have experienced her laugh first hand and the love and compassion in her eyes all the time. She will be missed.

6. Susan Wynn says:

My prayers are with you. May you see the Lord’s hand in this and find His face.

7. Sparkle says:

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your mother has found peace… and that you find a peace of your own.

8. I have been sorely lax in visiting friends of late, but just had to stop and let you know I am thinking of you and your post was both filled with poignancy and love…may 2014 be filled with much love and happiness in this next chapter of your life…

9. Shirley Dempsey says:

BJ,I am so sorry to hear of your mom’s passing,I’ll be thinking of you and your sister. This blog post is very written and from the heart.

Thank you Shirley for your kind words. While it was time for her to find peace, it indeed does leave a hole in my heart because it is final. 2014 will be much different without her, but as my sister said, we need to make her proud.