Cats share our lives and our homes. They are absolutely awesome. But sometimes, or perhaps we should say, oftentimes, they create a whole lot of extra work.
- Coughing up a nice lose hairball into the newly filled water bowl.
- Darting out the door as you are ready to light the grill so you spend hours search for him as he watches you from a newly found hiding place.
- Sampling your marinated chicken before you can get it into the oven.
- Using the litter box that you’ve just cleaned.
- Laying on that black sweater you’d just laid out to wear out tonight.
- Playing with the neatly stacked pile of mail you were just about to go through, spreading it nicely all over the floor.
- Knocking the just opened ketchup on to the kitchen floor just because he can.
- Tracking the newly cut grass on his paws onto the newly waxed floor.
- Getting an up close look at the outside, putting his nose marks all over the newly polished windows.
- Helping you get ready for fall by using his tail to help you paint the hallway.
As we celebrate labor on Labor Day, here’s 10 ways our cats make more work for us to do on this labor-free holiday.
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar? What’s your cats favorite way to create more work for you. Please share and weigh in on this fun, but very real, discussion.