Cats are great companions for veterans. Here’s 10 reasons why.
As we celebrate Veterans Day and all of the veterans who have served the United States to retain our freedom, Paws for Reflection takes a look at why cats are great companions for veterans.
1) The mere presence of a cat in a room can reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and create a sense of well-being.
2) Cats don’t care if you are stressed out.
3) Unconditional love goes with having a cat. They love you – no matter what.
4) Felines aren’t too concerned about what mood you are in, as long as they have plenty of food, water and snuggle time.
5) With their independent spirit, cats give you plenty of space and time alone.
6) Being relatively self-sufficient, cats are happy as long as they get the necessities and lots of tender loving care.
7) With their affectionate nature, cats can become your best friend.
8) Cats don’t care what your financial or social status is.
9) Unlike people, cats don’t care what you look like, whether you are thin or portly, squeaky clean or unkempt. They want you for who you are.
10) And did we mention unconditional love, because that’s so huge, it deserves to be on this list twice.
Do you have a special veteran in your life? Do you think cats can help veterans and others, including those that might be a tad isolated? Please weigh in and share your thoughts.