Wow, it’s 2015. There’s nothing like a new year, to make us reflect on the old, and think about the new. How many of you have already broken your New Year’s resolutions? I’m still in the process of making mine because – well, it’s only four days into a new year. And New Year’s resolutions can be defined as goals for the upcoming year.
One thing for sure, at Paws for Reflection, we realize every day is a gift. Despite life’s challenges, there’s plenty to be thankful for.
- For one, Little Yellow, otherwise known as Paws is healthy. He still takes meds for asthma and prednisone, but he taking half the pills he was on last May.
- Secondly, Paws’ author, BJ Bangs has been published in 2 national magazines, with the February article in Cat Fancy on how cats help veterans cope with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. The first was in January, 50 places to get your cat fix while on vacation. Being published in Cat Fancy was one of my goals when Paws for Reflection started.
- Thirdly, being published in the Cat Fancier’s Association’s Cat Talk in August and October was another big kudos for 2014, with more on the way in 2015.
- Fourth, Paws for Reflection continues to grow, and one of my resolutions is to not let the emotions from the job that pays the bills interfere with my writing career.
- Fifth, I heard from all 3 siblings over New Year’s, and that’s something considering the ebbs of time have drifted us apart.
- Sixth, me and all my kitties are healthy.
- Seventh, realize that all the twists and turns that haven’t gone the way I wanted have led me to a new life intertwined with cat people. And there’s no better folk to know than those that love the kitties – whether it be through writing, rescue, volunteerism, or financial contributions.
Are you reflecting on changes you’d like to make in 2015? Do you have some major goals for this coming year. At Paws, we prefer to think of New Year’s resolutions as goals for the year? Do you and your pets have any projects you want to complete. If so, please weigh in on the discussion and share your comments.