Major House Renovations, an overhaul from top to bottom, put a kink in blogging

1. Pipo/Minko/MrJackFreckles says:

Wow! And we thought that our den needed lots of work…our petcretary likes to say that the best hope fur our den is a bulldozer…Yikes!!

We are always into some kind of project…our den was built in 1907…a Michigan Basemented frame home…sigh…its so ramshackle…and once when we had to have new windows put in, each one was special order because they were all diffurent sizes and none were standard…sigh…stress?? Yup, we know it!

Hope soon your den will be a lovely and secure homestead.

• BJ Bangs says:

With an old house renovations are endless. When we had a big window put in a few years ago, it started raining for days on end. After 2 weeks of living with a big hole covered with plastic, it finally was put in. Kitties preferred the window to that big piece of plastic.

2. Jean Dion says:

Oh, that is an amazing amount of work. I would be an absolute basket case, were that much to happen around here. But I’m a worrier by nature. I use morning runs to help calm my mind, and in the evening, I work on embroidery. Both involve intense focus, which can help prevent me from worrying.

I hope the rest of your summer is less stressful!

Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

3. Marie says:

Cats never like change. Very worrying for us too as we are planning a move to a new house.

4. OMC that is more worse than the work in our garden. Moving is as bad a changing I suppose, as we are habbitual animals, but, speaking of experience, in the end it will work out fine, kitties. Good Luck Pawkisses with your project 🙂 <3

WOW, those are REALLY major renovations! It was a big deal enough when my human needed a retaining wall replaced – that happened around the time I came to live here.

6. Kitties Blue says:

In 2011 Mom broke her leg very badly (while she was recovering from hand surgery) and was laid up for 22 weeks. It was before she started blogging so it was a very hard time not being able to garden or do any of the things she enjoyed. We live in a 104-year-old house, and our humans know what you are going through. Anyhoo, Mom totally understands how life can get in the way. Good luck with getting things back in order sooner than later. Thanks for hopping. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Broken leg doesn’t sound fun, and could put a crimp into doing lots of things. WE just had major stress. Taking forever to get back together though.

7. That looks like a HUGE project – good luck!

8. Oh, yes. I have a stubborn case of mono, which refuses to go away despite the fact that I’m resting, on top of my fibromyalgia, both of which get worse with stress. So I’m trying to keep myself as stress-free as possible. The blog posts that I would write ranting about church abuses or church/state separation have had to wait until I recover – I just can’t get myself upset like that. And there is no cure for mono except rest. I was diagnosed at the end of March and it’s already June; I guess I can’t blame my doctor for thinking I’m not resting. I probably should post an explanation on my own blog. So yes, I can understand how real life can affect blogging in a negative way. Here’s hoping that both of our interruptions come to an end soon.

Real life can certainly get in the way of doing what we’d really like to do. Kitties do help reduce stress, and I hope they help you keep calm.

You sure did have a lot going on. Cats never like change, I am sure they were more upset than you. Metal roofs are great for New England winters, I wish we had one.

You’re right. Cats don’t like it when you move a box off the floor, say anything about interrupt their favorite outside hangout. As for the metal roof, it’s worth every penny.