The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those who have lost a pet

1. The Bridge is a help for those of us left behind. It’s like the story of the man and his dog reaching what they think of is heaven (all shiny and bright) but no dogs allowed and they move on to the slightly less polished farmyard where they get a warm welcome and stay – as it IS heaven they reach. Always loved that.

2. Basil says:

A beautiful tribute and the poem was purrfect!

Purrs

Basil & Co xox

3. Yes the Bridge exists, else why do they still come and see us and help usin days and times of need. Thank you for sharing your lovely and dearly departed companions, friends and family. purrs ERin

Very nice tribute to all your beautiful angels.

5. The Rainbow Bridge brings so much comfort to imagine a place where are beloved pets live on and are young and free again bring so much peace.

6. In my faith (Kemeticism, the faith of ancient Egypt), it is expected that you would pray for the ka (soul) of a deceased pet just as you would for a human (although they cross over more quickly than humans do). For that I’m grateful (that’s not why I converted, just a bonus). I believe that the Rainbow Bridge exists no matter what our faith. I have to; I have five cats (and one dog) that I am hoping to see again. Thank you for this post.

7. This was beautiful and poignant, thank you for sharing. I like to believe that the Rainbow Bridge exists, it still brings me comfort. I lost my Angel Bobo nearly 10 years ago, he and I shared 18 years together, so I KNOW how you feel.

• BJ Bangs says:

For some reason your comment didn’t pop up quickly so I’m a little late in responding. We spend many years with our fur babies, and it’s very hard to
      lose one after so many years of being together.

8. Beautiful memories…thank you for sharing. {{{Hugs}}}

9. Kitties Blue says:

None of us can know if Heaven or the Rainbow Bridge exist. We just have to take it on faith. I sure hope to see all my best pals again, whether furry or otherwise. But no matter what happens these special angels will live in my heart always. Thanks for hopping and sharing your angels with us! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

10. LP says:

The loss of a pet is definitely deeply felt. I will always remember all my babies and I will always feel both an abundance of love and an abundance of sadness whenever I remember them and acknowledge they are no longer with me here on earth.

the critters in the cottage xo

My human actually is very unsentimental – when it comes to her own life, she tends to look forward, and rarely looks back unless it’s as fodder for a story. (Curiously, she is a silent and vintage film fanatic, so she does love the past, just not really her own.) She’s also not at all religious in any way. She acknowledges that she really doesn’t know what happens after beings die, and just lives with that ambivalence, rather than make things up that might not be true. So really, days like this one aren’t something she celebrates.

12. Thank you for this post. With all the remembrances today, I’ve acutely felt the hole left by Kitty 10 years ago. Your post eased that sadness just a little bit and comforted me. Thank you.

13. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!

14. Beautiful post and fur babies.

You are right. It’s never just an animal. A pet is part of the family and their memory lives on.

15. Beautiful post.

The Florida Furkids

16. Thank you for such a thoughtful post. There is no doubt our pets provide us with unconditional love and regardless of whether there is, or isn’t a Rainbow Bridge, they do live on forever in our hearts.

They live on forever, and they help mold who we are. I’m sure neither of us would be writing about cats if they hadn’t touched our lives so deeply.