The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those that have lost a pet. Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day is August 28, 2016, and we take the time to remember our cats that are waiting on the bridge for us.

The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those that have lost a pet

The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those that have lost a pet.

The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those that have lost a pet

We will always remember Tubby who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those that have lost a pet

While my Victory has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge, she always be my true soul mate.

The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those that have lost a pet. Today is August 28, 2016, Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day. We take pause to reflect on this so important day, and we rally Corporate America to give bereavement  leave to those that us that have lost one of our beloved family members. We grieve our pets as much as we grieve our humans, and sometimes even more.

The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those that have lost a pet

While Paws admits losing her Mom, Dad, Grandma, and significant others was devastating, we want to let the World know losing a beloved pet is as just as painful.  We deal with the same level of grief as we would with a human. Victory, Smokey Blue, and my beloved Tubby, who died so young of FIP, will always be a part of my life. While the Paws family only had Tubby for a few short years, we had almost a total of 40 years with Smokey Blue and Victory. How can you forget a cat that was with you almost 20 years? That’s a huge part of your life!

Just like humans, they share your couch, your bed and your dinner table. They are there to greet you when you come through the door. They say MEOW every morning. That’s more than we do with a lot of family members.

Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day, August 28

The Rainbow Bridge is much like the concept of going to Heaven. Paws for Reflection  wrote about it in The Rainbow Bridge brings solace to those that have lost a pet.

10 reasons why Paws will meet our cats on the Rainbow Bridge

118763d388f842b32eebfce6ce06bfda

Passing on is not the Ultimate end

1. Death is not the ultimate end. Paws knows this first hand with two beyond death experiences in her life. After my grandmother died, she came back to tell me to take care of her son and his wife. In the real world, she would never have phrased it like this. Secondly, and more prolifically, when my Fiance died of lung cancer, his spirit went through my body when he died. It was a PEACE beyond PEACE, and something I can never forget.  That gives us pause for reflection.
  2. Theologians like Billy Graham and Pope Francis have said Pets can go to heaven. Read about it more at Can cats go to heaven. 47% of Americans think they can.
  3. The energy of life never dies. Energy in any form never dies. It may change how we see it. It may go into another dimension. But energy never stops moving.
  4. While pets aren’t people, they have emotions and feelings just like us. They may not have the ability to remember years on end, but they do feel and experience emotions just like us. Read about how my cat Victory mourned the loss of my beloved Fiance at Catster.com at How my cat Victory was grief-stricken when her special human died.
  5. We remember those who are the closest to us forever. We never forget those we truly love. Memories may fade, but   they are with us forever. Whether we are human or feline, we grieve for those we love. Read about how my cat grieve the loss of his sibling at Catster’s  My Cat Mourned The Loss of His Littermate for 8 Months.
  6. I can’t bear the thought of never seeing my cats that I’ve spent 20 years of my life with, I, also, want to see my humans, especially my Mom, who was awesome; my Dad, and my Grandmother, ever again for Eternity. There must be a way of connecting as the energy of life never dies.
  7. The Cycle of Life continues. As shown int he movie, the Lion King, the circle of life continues forever, and it goes on and on. My cats and humans that have passed on are in that circle of life.
  8. Dust is to Dust and Ashes are to Ashes, but the spirit lives on forever. I look forward to seeing my cats and special humans in the future.
  9. The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those that have lost a pet. The Hereafter is real and exists. As stated above, energy never dies, and when humans and their loved ones, including their pets, there is a special place for them to re-united whether it be Heaven or the Rainbow Bridge.
  10. There is no end to life of energy. We may die and pass on, but where do we pass on to? We think a Heaven or a Rainbow Bridge. It is somewhere, or something, as energy never dies.  If someone has a Physics model that shows energy dying, please pass it on and share on this Blog post.

Do you think the Rainbow Bridge exists? Why do you think the Rainbow Bridge exists or does not? How did you first hear about it? Do you think your cats, dogs, horses, or other pets are waiting for you?

We are sharing this post as part of the Sunday Selfie Blog Hop hosted by The Cat on My Head.

Sunday Selfie Blog Hop

<!– start LinkyTools script –>

About the Author

26 Responses to The Rainbow Bridge, like Heaven, brings solace to those who have lost a pet

1. The Bridge is a help for those of us left behind. It’s like the story of the man and his dog reaching what they think of is heaven (all shiny and bright) but no dogs allowed and they move on to the slightly less polished farmyard where they get a warm welcome and stay – as it IS heaven they reach. Always loved that.

2. Basil says:

A beautiful tribute and the poem was purrfect!

Purrs

Basil & Co xox

3. Yes the Bridge exists, else why do they still come and see us and help usin days and times of need. Thank you for sharing your lovely and dearly departed companions, friends and family. purrs ERin

Very nice tribute to all your beautiful angels.

5. The Rainbow Bridge brings so much comfort to imagine a place where are beloved pets live on and are young and free again bring so much peace.

6. In my faith (Kemeticism, the faith of ancient Egypt), it is expected that you would pray for the ka (soul) of a deceased pet just as you would for a human (although they cross over more quickly than humans do). For that I’m grateful (that’s not why I converted, just a bonus). I believe that the Rainbow Bridge exists no matter what our faith. I have to; I have five cats (and one dog) that I am hoping to see again. Thank you for this post.

7. This was beautiful and poignant, thank you for sharing. I like to believe that the Rainbow Bridge exists, it still brings me comfort. I lost my Angel Bobo nearly 10 years ago, he and I shared 18 years together, so I KNOW how you feel.

• BJ Bangs says:

For some reason your comment didn’t pop up quickly so I’m a little late in responding. We spend many years with our fur babies, and it’s very hard to
      lose one after so many years of being together.

8. Beautiful memories…thank you for sharing. {{{Hugs}}}

9. Kitties Blue says:

None of us can know if Heaven or the Rainbow Bridge exist. We just have to take it on faith. I sure hope to see all my best pals again, whether furry or otherwise. But no matter what happens these special angels will live in my heart always. Thanks for hopping and sharing your angels with us! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

10. LP says:

The loss of a pet is definitely deeply felt. I will always remember all my babies and I will always feel both an abundance of love and an abundance of sadness whenever I remember them and acknowledge they are no longer with me here on earth.

the critters in the cottage xo

My human actually is very unsentimental – when it comes to her own life, she tends to look forward, and rarely looks back unless it’s as fodder for a story. (Curiously, she is a silent and vintage film fanatic, so she does love the past, just not really her own.) She’s also not at all religious in any way. She acknowledges that she really doesn’t know what happens after beings die, and just lives with that ambivalence, rather than make things up that might not be true. So really, days like this one aren’t something she celebrates.

12. Thank you for this post. With all the remembrances today, I’ve acutely felt the hole left by Kitty 10 years ago. Your post eased that sadness just a little bit and comforted me. Thank you.

13. Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!

14. Beautiful post and fur babies.

You are right. It’s never just an animal. A pet is part of the family and their memory lives on.

15. Beautiful post.

The Florida Furkids

16. Thank you for such a thoughtful post. There is no doubt our pets provide us with unconditional love and regardless of whether there is, or isn’t a Rainbow Bridge, they do live on forever in our hearts.

They live on forever, and they help mold who we are. I’m sure neither of us would be writing about cats if they hadn’t touched our lives so deeply.

Catpersonable BJ Bangs

At Paws for Reflection, we're serious about cats, writing about cat health, cat rescue and cat news. We delve into why cats are the absolute best soul mates. We spring in a little humor with lots of travel tips, photos and a few feline tales, making Paws for Reflection a must stop for cat information on the cat crazed Internet. BJ is an award-winning blogger/journalist, communications professional and photographer.

2017 Winn Feline Foundation Media Appreciation Award