BJ Bangs and Paws Catmosphere Accolades
BJ Bangs awards and media include being published in several national cat magazines, both print and online, including The Cat Fancier’s Association’s CatTalk, and the former Cat Fancy. Additionally, she has written for Catster.com and several . She is the recipient of the coveted Cat Writer’s Association’s Muse Medallion, the 2017 Winn Feline Foundation’s Media Award for her work with Feline Fix by Five, as well as several CWA Certificate of Excellence Awards.
Additionally, she has received numerous prestigious awards in communications and advocacy from a major national nonprofit organization. She also won awards for her journalistic writing from the Maine Press Association, including best education article.
She has a degree in
- Journalism/Political Science from the University of Maine, Orono,
- A Masters in Business Administration from the University of New Hampshire
- Additionally, an Accredited Public Relations Professional designation from the Association of Public Relations Professionals.
Goals for 2023
- BJ is planning a sequel to Who Needs Men, I’ve Got Cats, giving a humorous perspective of the dating game from the male and or kid’s perspective. (‘Who Needs Gals or maybe it will be kids), I’ve Got Cats’ will be released in 2024.
- We are also planning a book on Grieving the Loss of Your Cat, jam-packed with information and resources to help you cope with a catastrophic loss. We a preview, we will be hosting a number of blog posts about coping with losing your cat.
- Another goal for late 2023 is the publication of a cat calendar/planner. We will keep you posted about our progress.
You can reach BJ at:
Blog: www.bjbangs.net (Paws Cat-O-Sphere for Cat Lovers)
About BJ Bangs Awards and Media
My name is BJ Bangs, and I have been blogging for some time at Paws Catosphere for Cat Lovers. My goal is to help you develop a strong, loving relationship with your cat(s) by giving you tips and tricks on how to Get Your Cat Fix on Vacation, on the Road, or at Home. Wow! That sounds like a lot. And it is! But we want to do exactly that.
At Paws Catosphere for Cat Lovers
- We talk about the ‘why’ cats are good for us.
- We talk about cat health, cat products (with some affiliate links).
- And we talk about cat tourism and events.
Our fur-family friends have not only moved into our hearts as a fav pet, but they also have become front and center in our lives. It’s no surprise that cat events are cropping up as we speak, all with a bit of a different twist, but all about cats.
From museums, hotels, sanctuaries, beaches, and amusement parks (there’s more), there are a host of places you can get your cat fix on vacation (in the US, Europe, Asia, and beyond). You can get a big dose of cat, even if you can’t take your cat with you. Rest assured, your cat won’t get jealous!
If you need to travel to a destination, say you are moving, wintering in a warmer climate, or spending summers where the heat index is a bit lower, you may want to take your cat with you. We share info on best practices for doing just that.
If you are like most of us, we spend most of our time (when not working in a full-time job) at home, and we need to understand our cat’s whys and wherefores. We share lots of info about that as well, and our Weekly Tips & Tricks emails will help you tune into why your cat is definitely feline. Remember, cats are cats and not small dogs or a child.
Just to let you know a little bit more about me…
I live with four cats, and I have six that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
Did I say, I love cats, and nothing makes me happier than sharing the information I’ve learned about them with the Paws Catosphere for Cat Lovers.
As an award-winning journalist, photographer, and public relations professional (over 20 years), I want to share what I’ve learned about cats with cat people around the globe. There’s no better way of doing that than by blogging.
#Catsaresogoodforus, so good, that we want them front and center in our lives, no matter where we are. Part of that true bond is understanding how and what makes cats tick. At Paws Catosphere for Cat Lovers with BJ Bangs, we strive to let people know just how awesome cats are. But it’s not a one-way street. We need to understand our felines so we can have a deeper connection with them We delve into why cats are the absolute best soul mates. We sprinkle in a little humor with lots of travel tips, photos, and a few feline tales, making Paws News for Cat Lovers a must-stop for cat tourism and cat information on the cat-crazed Internet.
My cat writing goes beyond blogging. I have been published in national cat magazines and online publications. I’ve also won several awards for my cat writing. (Big whoop for me, but thought you’d like to know!)
I certainly hope you will enjoy being a part of the Paws Cat Lover’s Family,
Top 50 Cat Blogger
More about Paws Catosphere for Cat Lovers with BJ Bangs
People love their cats, so much that they want to get their cat fix on vacation, on the road, or at home. Award-winning blogger, journalist, photographer, and communications professional BJ Bangs knows all about that because she thinks cats are our best soul mates and BFF’s.
She is out to share all the cool events and places to get your #catfix, so that you can easily find out where to go if you want a super dose of cat, and can’t take your kitty with you.
Cats are more than just fun. They are unique in that each has its own personality. No two are alike. They show undeniably unconditional love. They are there for you when you are down, upset, happy, or jubilant. There’s nothing better than snuggling up in front of the wood stove with five of the best feline friends. They truly are my BFFs.
A different twist to cat blogging
#Getyourcatfix at Paws Catosphere for Cat Lovers with BJ Bangs (bjbangs.net), as we introduce you to the world of cat travel and events. You can get your cat fix (big dose of cat) on vacation, on the road, or at home by reading books, nurturing your relationship with your cat, or just learning how to keep your cat happy. If your cat is happy and healthy that spills over to you. While there are lots of cat blogging sites on the Internet, Paws Catosphere for Cat Lovers brings a bit of a different twist to the mix because we incorporate our personal experiences with hard and proven facts. With four cats and five that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge, there are lots of stories to share.
Humarian’s Dr. B. is joined by cat blogger BJ Bangs at BlogPaws 2018 to talk all about her cat-focused blog, Paws News for Cat Lovers (now Paws Catosphere for Cat Lovers) and how cats can positively affect the lives of humans around them.
What I find is that the more I write, the more I find to write about. Presently, there are several posts a month, sometimes more depending upon the issue. You can find us on social media at:
That’s in addition to maintaining a full-time job, freelance writing, authoring a book, contract work, maintaining a house, and yes, spending time with my best feline friends.
I’ve been pretty amazed at the depth of the blogging world. I’ve met lots of wonderful people through Blogpaws.com, the Cat Writer’s Association, and online cat networks including social media. And I am looking forward to connecting with many, many more in the cat world in the future. Here are some examples of my work:
- ToyPet Reviews: 10 Cat Puzzles Your Cats Will Absolutely Love (Healthy Benefits Too)
- ToyPet Reviews: 10 Cat Wand Toys Your Cats will Absolutely Love
- CatSpot: A New Type of Cat Litter
- DryMate’s new Litter Trapping Mat is the Best
- Zen Clipper tips tip of cat’s claw, not the quick
- #Hills Pet: A new Metabolic Cat Food Can get your cat right-sized
- #Hills Crafted is made like a work of art
- #Hills Metabolic food spreads love while helping cats lose weight & become healthier
Education & Certifications
- An APR from the Public Relations Society of America,
- A Master’s in Business Administration from the University of Southern New Hampshire,
- and a Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism/ Political Science from the University of Maine, Orono.
She also designs newsletters, brochures, websites, and more. To say the least, she keeps ‘more than busy’ and her feline friends are her solace as well as her motivation to keep on blogging and writing about cats.
- Former Vice President and Council member of the International Cat Writers Association
- Member of the Maine Public Relations Council
- 2016 Thoroughly Reviewed Top 50 Cat Bloggers
Winner of the following International Cat Writers Association’s Awards:
- 2022 Muse Medallion & Certificate of Excellence, Book, Other
- 2020 Certificate of Excellence, Product Review
- 2019 Certificate of Excellence, Product Review
- 2017 Certificate of Excellence, Health & Other Issue, Blog
- 2015 Certificate of Excellence; Magazine Article: Other
- 2013 Certificate of Excellence: Color Photo
- 2012: MUSE Medallion (Newspaper article: other)
In addition to writing this blog, Paws News for Cat Lovers, BJ writes news stories about pets and their people for newspapers, magazines, and other publications. She also aspires to write a book, about, you guessed it – cats.
Check out some of my cat works.
- Cat Fancy Magazine
- Cat Talk
- Maine Today & Sunday Telegram
- The Original Irregular (Series won Cat Writer’s Association’s Coveted MUSE Medallion)
- Spay/Neuter Best Way To Combat Pet Overpopulation, May 25, 2011
- Franklin County Animal Shelter helps over 1,000 animals a year, June 1, 2011
- An ACO’s Job Can Be Thankless, June 8, 2011
Support Paws through our affiliates and book(s)
We ask that you check out our Resource Page for our affiliate links and share our posts on Social Media.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to us through the comments link. We will be happy to try to get you the information you need.