Calling all animal lovers. Today is the day for those who have pets. Not only is March 23 National Puppy Day, but is also Cuddly Kitten Day,
Cuddling up to a precious little kitten is a stress reliever, and today is the day to indulge to your heart’s content.
National days of the year are a fun way to celebrate odd and unusual foods, animals and more.
Let’s share some kitten facts.
– Newborn kittens are totally dependent on their mother.
– All kittens are born with blue eyes.
– It takes about 7-10 days for a newborn kitten to open their eyes, but they don’t see well until about 10 weeks.
– Most litters of kittens contain 2 to 5 Kittens. I
– Kittens sleep about 18 hours a day.
– Kittens should be 12 weeks old before they are adopted to a new home.
– Kitten’s whiskers are as long as their body is wide.
– Kittens have 26 teeth.
– Kitten kneading is likely a throwback to the days of nursing with the mother cat.
– At the age of 1 year, a cuddly kitten is no longer a baby and is called a cat.