- This event has passed.
Cuddly Kitten Day
March 23, 2021
Calling all animal lovers. Today is the day for those who have pets. Not only is March 23 National Puppy Day, but is also Cuddly Kitten Day,
Cuddling up to a precious little kitten is a stress reliever, and today is the day to indulge to your heart’s content.
National days of the year are a fun way to celebrate odd and unusual foods, animals and more.
Let’s share some kitten facts.
– Newborn kittens are totally dependent on their mother.
– All kittens are born with blue eyes.
– It takes about 7-10 days for a newborn kitten to open their eyes, but they don’t see well until about 10 weeks.
– Most litters of kittens contain 2 to 5 Kittens. I
– Kittens sleep about 18 hours a day.
– Kittens should be 12 weeks old before they are adopted to a new home.
– Kitten’s whiskers are as long as their body is wide.
– Kittens have 26 teeth.
– Kitten kneading is likely a throwback to the days of nursing with the mother cat.
– At the age of 1 year, a cuddly kitten is no longer a baby and is called a cat.