Secret Paws 2022 –
A Holiday Gift Exchange for Cats
I am so excited to host and sponsor Secret Paws 2022, because I just love cats, and even more am thrilled when they get a package of gifts just for them. However, I do admit it is bittersweet to take over the so-fun Secret Paws Kitty Gift Exchange for 2022.
While we could not find the exact time Secret Paws started, I did find our beloved cat person Paula Gregg listed it back to 2017. Sadly, Paula lost her short battle with pancreatic cancer in May, and many scrambled to pick up some of the many programs she spearheaded.
Here is a lovely tribute to Paula and her beloved Persian Cats, Truffles, Brulee, and her beloved Praline who crossed over the Rainbow Bridge some years ago. It was in her memory Paula started her blog, Sweet Purrfections, to share much-needed information about cats, particularly Persians.
Paws had the opportunity to meet Paula in person at the BlogPaws conference in Kansas City, MO in 2018, and her enthusiastic personality was larger than life. I also had a chance to participate in her annual Cat Blogging Planner. When she took on a project, she gave it her all. I hope I can do the same with Secret Paws, and make it a fun experience for you kitty folks out there.
Lots has changed in the online world and blogging community since 2017, and we want to invite shares on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, in addition to your blog or other online content.
The past few years have definitely been challenging, and we want to bring out the fun purr-fectly fun kitty gift exchange, by sharing in our many different ways across social media.
Here’s an example of how to use video to showcase the lovely gifts you receive in the exchange Here, I am sharing a link to my YouTube video from 2021 which shows my kitties pawing it u0 with their goodies, plus an overview of how Secret Paws works.
Who Can Participate – Major change?
Kitties who are part of a blog can participate in the Secret Paws Exchange. It doesn’t matter if you are posting on a regular basis as long as there is a blog address where people can visit and get to know your cats.
BUT, this is a big change. Paws is opening Secret Paws to kitties with
- Blogs – One blog post with at least one share to social media, preferably in video format
- Instagram – 3 shares to IG, preferable with at least one reel
- YouTube – One video with at least one link to your social media account
- Facebook – 3 shares ti FB, preferably with one video and one story
We welcome all video, slide shows and print content showcasing your beloved kitties with their new gifts. We also encourage you to share Secret Paws posts on all your social media accounts.
Please email Paws your links and we will add them to this page.
Once you sign up, we will forward this Secret Paws Badge to share on your blog or other social media accounts.
Here’s how it will work.
We will try to match media, ( Fb to FB and IG to IG) but we encourage you to share your Secret Paws on your social media accounts even if your main promotional medium is your blog or YouTube.. Examples include g
- Getting ready to shop for Secret Paws, but keep your gift recipient secret.
- Received my Secret Paws Package today.
- Kitties playing and enjoying their gifts.
How Can I Participate?
If you would like to participate in Secret Paws 2021, please email the following information to Paws at our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than November 13, 2022.
Please put Secret Paws 2022 in the Subject Line. It’s easiest to copy and paste this information in your email to make sure you include everything.
- Name of cat(s). Please specify name of cats and the number of cats.
- Email address.
- Name of Cat Blog
- Blog address
- Facebook page
- IG Handle
- YouTube Channel and address
- Complete Mailing address: It’s important to include your human’s first and last name because some post offices will not deliver to an address without this; especially if you live outside of the United States.
- Phone Number: This is for mailing purposes. Some packages required a phone number
- Would you be willing to ship a package to a kitty from another country? (Remember postage is higher and packages must be shipped earlier when shipping internationally)
- Favorite Color
- Favorite Treat
- Favorite Toy
- Information on items that should be avoided (specific flavors, toys, treats, etc.)
- Anything else you would like your Secret Paw to know about you.
Let’s try to limit this to $25. With Petflation out of control, this might be difficult, but you get the drift.
Please send your information to Paws at email@example.com by November 13, 2022. The earlier the better.
Mom BJ will help sort everything out within a week and we will email everyone their partner by November 23, 2022, so you can sho0 for your new kitty pals before the last minute holiday rush.
Keep the Secret Paws “secret” this year until you receive yours and then post about your package on this blog and/or yours. The Secret Paws person/kitty that you send to may not be the same kitty you receive from. Please try to make sure everyone receives their Secret Paws package by December 10, 2022.
We strongly recommend you ship international packages by November 25. We also strongly recommend that you use priority mail with a tracking number.
We will also send everyone an invitation to contribute to this blog site so you can post pictures and a thank you once you receive yours.
Special Note: If you know of someone who could use a surprise package during the holidays but may not be able to participate, please let us know.